xsl-list

Testing last character for bibliography output

2003-07-13 04:54:55
I am transforming a bibliography into HTML using MLA, Chicago, etc. formats,
where I want to have a period after the author, book title, etc. Sometimes
my data comes with the period already attached, and sometimes not, so I need
a way of using xsl:if to test if the last character is a period or not. I
guess, then, that I am looking for something like a "lastchar" variable in
XSLT, but so far I have not been able to find any examples of this sort of
case in my XSLT books or on the web.

A sample piece of the XSLT file area, just for the entity <title>is like this:

 <xsl:template match="title">
    <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="ancestor::listBibl">
<xsl:choose>