xsl-list

Re: How to get output XML same as input XML?

2003-07-09 14:38:17
This is an instance of another kind of identity template -- "one node at a
time". Sometimes (e.g. in positional grouping) it may be useful:

  <xsl:template match="@* | node()">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="node()[1]"/>
    </xsl:copy>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="following-sibling::node()[1]"/>
  </xsl:template>

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

"Josh Hone" <icsad(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote in message
Hi all -

This is my first post on this list, but I have been using XSL for over a
year.  I searched the archive and FAQ but found no answer to my question.
am afraid there is not a favorable answer to my question, but here it is.
need to see if I can write a stylesheet which simply takes the input XML
and
turns exactly what was input into output XML.  I know that you can easily
do
this with Xalan/DOM code, but my system requires that this situation be
solved by stylesheets so that no extra code is written.  Is this possible?

Thank you very much.
Josh Hone