xsl-list

Re: an Xpath question - $tag/$subtag

2003-07-07 14:03:26
Hi David,

    This was my orginal post

"  Hi All,
  here is my problem..i have to use 2 variables to reach a tag in my xml, i
tried using
    <xsl:apply-templates select="$tag/$subtag">
it didnt work, does anyone know another way of doing it? or is it doable at
all?  "

   I am not sure if you saw the first part of my post. I sure didnt do a
good job of explaining what kind of variables $tag and $subtag are.

Thnx for replying.

cheers,
Anil

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Carlisle" <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] an Xpath question - $tag/$subtag

it didnt work, does anyone know another way of doing it? or is it
doable at

how are we supposed to help if you don't say what you are trying to do,
you posted some sequence of characters that you say are not XSLT, and
ask what they should be.

It's like saying aslfkhalsfh LSAKFG Afl  is not correct English,
could you please tell me what the correct form is. Without some idea of
teh intended meaning, this can be difficult.

/ is an operator on node sets in Xpath, if $tag and $subtag are nodeset
valued  variables, then $tag/$subtag is a legal operatin (and always
equivalent to $subtag unles $tag is empty) otherwise it is an error.

David