xsl-list

Re: [OT] Javascript help

2003-07-05 12:32:05
All--

Thanks to a small self-appointed cadre of helpers, my problem is solved. The problem was evident to the well-schooled eye of Americo A. (followed quickly by Charles Knell), who alerted me that

if ( thisspan.getAttribute('class') == rhyme )

wasn't going to work in IE, which uses the attribute name 'className'.

(Notwithstanding the fact that the name of the HTML attribute, as opposed to the object's attribute, is "class".)

But there's an ever simpler DOM 0 way of doing it, which I'm using.

Sorry to bother everyone, but the upshot of all this is *very* on-topic (just not ready to show). :->

Cheers,
Wendell