xsl-list

Re: copy and translate an element and its children

2003-07-03 12:52:39

Well, that's what I thought at first when I tried it before copy-of, but
apparently all the child element attributes are not copied.  I needed a
deep copy so that's why I used copy-of.  Thanks for your suggestions.

No, using position()> 1 would be equivalent (except more efficient)
than what you had. If you lost child element markup but got th
echaracter data you probably used value-of some-where (that's what
value-of does) but that is a separate issue than the selection.

David