xsl-list

Re: XSLT Architecture: Next Step

2003-07-03 11:22:05
I think it has a different place than replace. XSLT is XML just as a
Java Class is java (bytecoded of course). You can use java classes in
C++ but it isn't exactly natural - a term used quite a bit on the list
;-). If I had need to manipulate a Java class I would likely choose the
Java programming language to do so. If I needed to get access to
relational database information, I would probably choose SQL.

XSLT, however, is remarkably useful for taking an XML representation of a
class and converting it into Java/C++/C#, etc., source code. XSLT2 is
actually even somewhat useful for doing the roundtrip though that gets to be
a wee-bit more problematic.

-- Kurt