xsl-list

Re: select in the <xsl:param /> tag

2003-07-03 09:23:17
Thanks David, Jeni and Martinez,

Thanks for that. All set and correct now.

And am I right in thinking that if the select is "/.." then the test
not($node-set) will return true?

Cheers

Simon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martinez, Brian" <brian(_dot_)martinez(_at_)cendant(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 5:50 PM
Subject: RE: [xsl] select in the <xsl:param /> tag

From: Simon Kelly [mailto:kelly(_at_)ipe(_dot_)fzk(_dot_)de]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 9:10 AM
Subject: [xsl] select in the <xsl:param /> tag

Am I right in saying that declaring the <xsl:param /> tag as
follows will
make the named node set default to null if the template is
called without
the <xsl:with-param /> tag.

<xsl:param name="node-set" select=".." />

This would create a node-set rooted at the parent of the context node, so
it's not null.  In fact I don't believe this could ever be null, since all
nodes except the root must have one parent.

or is it

<xsl:param name="node-set" select="" />

This isn't legal XSLT--the select attribute must be non-empty.

cheers,
b.

| brian martinez
brian(_dot_)martinez(_at_)cendant(_dot_)com |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.357.3548 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.357.3380 |
| 6560 greenwood plaza blvd., suite 400           englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |