xsl-list

RE: Which one's faster

2003-07-02 07:36:47
It is not a choice to be made. Example 1 does not work
because xsl:attribute is designed to exactly what you are
intending. In particular, you can not place an xpath query
(i.e. @url) in the output directly.

I imagine the example was intended to read href="{(_at_)url}" which is of
course perfectly OK.

Michael Kay

 The XSLT processor does
not know that is should be interpreted as an xpath query. The
same query in the select attribute of the xsl tag is
interpreted as an xpath query and thus works.

- Angus

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Barroso [mailto:est-c-barroso(_at_)ptinovacao(_dot_)pt]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 5:31 AM
To: xsl-list-digest(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Which one's faster

Hy there.
I would lie to know which version is faster for the transformer:

Example 1:

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:for-each select="SITE" />
      </xsl_for-each>
</xsl:template>

Example 2:

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:for-each select="SITE" />
              <a>
                      <xsl:attribute name="href">
                              <xsl:value-of select="@url" />
                      </xsl:attribute>
              </a>
      </xsl_for-each>
</xsl:template>

In resume, what's faster: creating the text directly or using
the <xsl:attribute> for generating the text?