xsl-list

Re: Re: What would be the best way to create modular stylesheets that can be called like functions with certain variables to change certain things when they are applied at runtime

2003-08-28 11:45:41

"SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek(_dot_)sanwal(_at_)hp(_dot_)com> wrote
in message
Dimitre,

Thanks. But this is not what I needed. I am wondering if there is a good
way to "write" your "own"(specifically applicable to my project) library

The way FXSL was written is a "good" way. Its template are very generic and
are "applicable" to any project (including your project).

of "normal" XSLs. (not a custom project)

I don't know what your definition of "normal" is.  If it is not to use
extensions but 100% pure XSLT, then FXSL is extremely normal. FXSL for XSLT
1.0 uses only the exslt:node-set() extension function. FXSL for XSLT 2.0
doesn't use any extension function.

As you were hinting in your original posting about reusability, I dare say
that FXSL today is the XSLT library offering the greatest degree of
reusability of its templates, because in their majority they implement
higher-order functions.

Due to the same reason I thought that FXSL and its underlying principles are
the perfect answer to your question.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

Abhishek Sanwal
HP - Houston Campus
abhishek(_dot_)sanwal(_at_)hp(_dot_)com

stylesheets that can be called like functions with certain variables to
change certain things when they are applied at runtime

What would be the best (or good) way to create modular stylesheets
that
can be called like functions with certain variables to change certain
things when they are applied at runtime?

If there is a best practices paper or interesting tutorial please do
let
me know.

http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/

=====