xsl-list

RE: From a string to node-set

2003-08-28 10:05:12
Thanks for reply!

I created a template called replacement with one
parameter, which checks the test.xml to see if
there
is an element there, if yes, copy that element and
value; if not, create that element.

My problem is that if i pass the parameter as
node-set
i need to convert node-set to string. However,
that
node-set is empty since the element is not there.
If I
pass the parameter as string, I need to convert
string
into node-set and test its existence. That causes
me a
problem.

You won't be able to make the latter test even if
you could convert a string into a node-set, because
that new node-set wouldn't contain the same nodes as
the source tree. You could only test if an element
by that name exits, testing for identity wouldn't
work.

At this moment I can only get string and pass it into
the template. How can I test if an element by that
name exists?

Thanks

Dongling

Anyhow, pass both the name and the node-set, as two
parameters.

    <xsl:otherwise>
            <xsl:element name="?????name($pName)"/>

You need to use AVT, ie.