xsl-list

RE: HTML and Javascript problem (newbie)

2003-08-28 01:32:37

Now..the mouseover tool works fine in the when applied to HTML
elements
but
not elements in the XSL. For some reason the HTML generated by XSL
doesn't
recognise this javascript, even though they are part of the same file.
When viewing the final source code you *cannot* see the transformed
HTML
inside the DIV which I believe is because of the innerHTML thing going
on
(albeit my minimal understanding of Javascript). I guess that would
roughly
explain why the javascript won't work but shouldn't the javascript
still
be
accessible by the XSL anyway????

You have a html + javascript problem.  The best approach is to write the
html (and javascript) by hand and make sure it all works first, without
even touching xml + xslt.

Once you are sure your 'result' page is working, you can set about
generating it with xslt.

Keep a copy of your working html, and compare what you generate with
xslt to your working page.  Once they match you know your output is
correct - if they don't match then you have an xslt problem and you
could get help here.

cheers
andrew