xsl-list

RE: newbie question about strings and XPath expressions

2003-08-20 14:05:43
Hello Jarno, thanks a lot for your quick response, I will try
this right away. Why wouldn't the stylesheet work on XSLT 2?

It compares a string with a number [substring-before(., '.') > 6]. XSLT
2 requires you to be explicit about whether you want a string
(alphabetic) comparison or a numeric comparison: you either have to
convert the string to a number, or the number to a string.

Michael Kay

I'm not aware of the new specification... I'll keep you
posted, again, thanks lizet Mensaje citado por
Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com:

Hi,

For example, this is part of the xhtml input:
Items: <br/>
1.- The first item <br/>
2.- The second item <br/>
n.- The n item <br/>

This is how the corresponding xml output should look like; <Items>
  <Item>1.- The first item</Item>
  <Item>2.- The second item</Item>
  <Item>n.- The n item</Item>
</Items>

In you previous post you had a positional predicate to process only
the items of position 7 and greather. Would

  <xsl:template match="p[starts-with(normalize-space(), 'Items:')]">
    <Items>
      <xsl:for-each select="text()[substring-before(., '.') > 6]">
        <Item>
          <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(.)"/>
        </Item>
      </xsl:for-each>
    </Items>
  </xsl:template>

fill your requirement? (Sigh, yet another stylesheet that would not
work as XSLT 2.)

Cheers,

Jarno - Suicide Commando: Desire (Wumpscut mix)

 XSL-List info and archive: