xsl-list

RE: How to process attributes of IDREFS

2003-08-19 08:31:05
The id() function is designed to take a space-separated list of ID
values, so you should be able to pass the IDREFS attribute straight into
it.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Dan Vint
Sent: 19 August 2003 15:11
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] How to process attributes of IDREFS

I've checked the FAQ and didn't find anything on this
question. I have an
element with an attribute of type IDREFS, so of coarse it can
have one
value or it can have several.

What is the best way to process this attribute to be able to
find all the
elements linked to it? I would have thought the id() function
would have
been able to force the processing but it doesn't seem to. Do
I have to
revert to string/token processing to get at the individual
IDs? When there
is a single value id() works fine, but when there is a list
there is a problem.

thanks.
..dan