xsl-list

RE: xslt newbie- inserting spaces

2003-08-15 15:16:28
From: Bruce Rojas-Rennke [mailto:brr(_at_)4dv(_dot_)net]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 3:26 PM
Subject: [xsl] xslt newbie- inserting spaces

Hello all,

  I'm back like a bad rash. Here's a question I'm sure has
been asked but
can't seem to traverse in the archives.

  I'm wanting to insert spaces via my xslt stylesheet, so the
html output
has some blank spaces where I want them.

All I've read suggests that i can just include this :
<xsl:text>   </xsl:text>

This will collapse to a single space in most user agents when rendering
HTML.

- doesn't work for me,

nor do these variants help:

  <xsl:text>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</xsl:text>

XSLT processors don't recognize most named character entities.  Try &#160;
instead.

  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">

If you've read the list for a while, you probably know how most of the gurus
regard d-o-e.  It's also not guaranteed to work in every implementation.

hth,
b.

| brian martinez
brian(_dot_)martinez(_at_)cendant(_dot_)com |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.357.3548 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.357.3380 |
| 6560 greenwood plaza blvd., suite 400           englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |