xsl-list

RE: pass malformed HTML through the parser?

2003-08-13 07:23:01
How about:

3. run it through "tidy" once, generating XHTML?

Julian

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Jeff Kenton
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 4:13 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] pass malformed HTML through the parser?

Jaques, Yves (FIDI) wrote:
Our site is XML/XSL, however we are about to receive a thousand
pages of old
static html that we will never have the time to turn into XHTML. I would
like to be able to spit it through the parser without parsing
it so that I
can wrap our site template around the static html as I do for our other
content. Is this possible?

Two possibilities:

1. Since this sounds like a one time problem, do it with some
other language.

2. If you have an XSLT 2.0 processor (Saxon) you might try the
unparsed-text() function, which will read your page into a text
string without parsing it.  Then you can wrap it and write it out.