xsl-list

Re: XSLT 2.0 & Grouping for-each-group

2003-08-06 10:32:06
* Michael Kay

|<snip>
|
|I think that what you need here is a nested set of for-each-groups, one
|for each level of the output tree. In this case it is quite deeply
|nested .....
|
|</snip>

* Mark Brand

Hi

I have further questions on the fragments posted earlier. I did try implementing both options but had some questions ...

Q1. <snip> <xsl:for-each-group select="current-group() except "." group-starting-with="*[(_at_)StyleName='DIVISION']">
</snip>

With this line of code, i found that it would execute (enter the for-each-group
loop) even if there wasn't a DIVISION item in the group. How do I stop the loop
being entered if the group-starting-with entry is not in the list. I have tried
an if statement after the loop has been entered but it is too late then for my
purposes.

Q2. <snip>
 <Part Category="{(_at_)StyleName}">
   <xsl:copy-of select="child::node()"/>
   <xsl:for-each-group select="current-group() except ."
      group-starting-with="*[(_at_)StyleName=f:child(@StyleName)]">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
</snip>

With this piece of code from the second option where would you put the closing tags, where-ever i put them they would all output after everything else instead of in a nested fashion.

Thanks again
Mark Brand