xsl-list

RE: Expression expected in variable select statement?

2003-09-26 09:05:24
Re: the AVT, I corrected myself in a follow-on post. I've tried various
renditions of the current() function but still no luck...

kb

-----Original Message-----
From: Dimitre Novatchev [mailto:dnovatchev(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 11:46 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Expression expected in variable select statement?

Hi, I'm trying to set a row color based on whether or not the /Station
element of a given "name" attribute has /Board descendents. I'm getting
an "expression expected" error where I specify {(_at_)name} in the variable
name="boards" line. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kathy

<xsl:template match="Station">

<xsl:variable name="boards" select="//Station[name=
{(_at_)name}]/Boards/Board" />

AVT (Attribute-Value Templates) cannot be used to specify the value of a
"select" attribute.

Read about the current() function, then use it:

       http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#misc-func

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.