xsl-list

namespace - don't like to like the like

2003-09-25 07:37:09
I'm trying hard to produce an (X)HTML file like this:
<!DOCTYPE .....>
I want to declare a default namespace for the html tags (I was asked to do
this though it won't make any difference for the browsers at leat for now.
XHTML insists you declare a namespace as I read the standard).

I tried:
<xsl:tylesheet ...>
      <xsl:template match="/">
      </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I tried the <xsl:element name="html" namespace="....."> too. The namespace
was not in the HTML file.

I always get <html lang="en">.

Have I missed the obvious and nobody wants to post an answer or else?

Thanks for your help.

        Peiyun

p.s. I wonder if my message is posted. Can someone please let me know?