xsl-list

Antw: RE: flatten a hierachy and change positions

2003-09-25 02:54:44
Hallo Jenni, Andreas, Michael,
my Mailsystem had a Problem so I recieved your answers just a few minutes ago.
Thanks for your anwsers.
This is just an extract from a longer document.
I forgot the closing g1... And I should have added, like Andreas did, a root
Element. g1 comes first because its content is the main text and u1 ist the
headline. My root is <handbuch><deckblatt>
<marginalie></marginalie>
</deckblatt
<g1>....
</handbuch>

My hierachy needs to be flattened because it has to be imported into a content
management system. I have to change the names:

for Example:

<xsl:template match="g1">
<field name="g1" type="text_plain">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</field>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="u1">
<field name="u1" type="text_plain">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</field>
</xsl:template>

and than I thought about how to put the Elemtents out of their hierachy in a
special order. That's where I got stuck.

Elke

Elke Naraschewski - Ernst Klett Verlag GmbH Stuttgart - Leistungscenter
Mediengestaltung - Rotebühlstr.77 - 70178 Stuttgart
Tel.: 0711/6672-1116 - Fax: 0711/6672-2023 - eMail:
e(_dot_)naraschewski(_at_)klett-mail(_dot_)de
Stuttgart HRB 10746 Verleger: Dr.h.c. Michael Klett - Geschäftsführer:
Johannes Leßmann - Harald Melcher - Dr. Tilmann Michaletz - Dr. Wolf
Unkelbach (Vorsitz)

mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk 24.09.03 18:39:23 >>>
I looked up the list and books but still don't get a clue
which method to choose.  I want to flatten a hierachy and
change positions, the way the following example shows:

I have:

<handbuch>
<deckblatt>
<marginalie></marginalie>
</deckblatt
<g1>
<u1><s></s></u1>
</g1>
<g2>
<u2></u2>
</g2>
</handbuch>

I need:

<u1></u1>
<s></s>
<g1></g1>
<u2></u2>
<g2></g2>

It's not possible (for me at any rate) to deduce from this input and
output what your transformation rules are. Why exactly does <u1> come
first in your output and <g1> come third? And where is the closing </g1>
tag?

Michael Kay