xsl-list

RE: Assigning Values to Global Parameter

2003-09-23 13:27:28
From: James Paul [mailto:jpaul(_at_)quadrem(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 1:32 PM
Subject: [xsl] Assigning Values to Global Parameter

If I set up a global parameter and the value is blank, how do
I assign a
value later in my mapping?  And if you can't is there a
better way to do
the above scenario.

VFAQ.  The short answer is, you can't, at least not in the same stylesheet.
You can, however, create a stylesheet which defines global parameters and
variables, then import it into another stylesheet.  Then it is possible to
override these values by re-declaring them locally.

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4738.html can tell you more about
xsl:import and the rules of precedence.  Then bookmark the index page of
this Web site; it'll answer 90% of the questions you're likely to post here.

hth,
b.

| brian martinez
brian(_dot_)martinez(_at_)cendant(_dot_)com |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.357.3548 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.357.3380 |
| 6560 greenwood plaza blvd., suite 400           englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |