xsl-list

RE: Using variables to determine nodesets with conditions

2003-09-23 08:22:48
Thanks, Jeni! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for!

The thing is, the solution has created another problem, since I was using
the same concept as before to determine sorting criteria in xsl:sort :

<xsl:sort select="*[local-name() = $criteria]"/>

It does work if I have $criteria = 'NAME', but not if $criteria =
'NAME/MIDDLENAME'. Is there a way of getting around this, or should I better
change my XMLs to have all nodes used as sort keys on the same level?

Regards,
Paulo

PS: And the advice on "for-each" is more than just a matter of style, you're
absolutely right! ;)