xsl-list

Re: How to implement Divide and Conquer Algo on this template !! Getting Callstack overflow error

2003-09-18 21:36:47
The is regarding Callstack overflow error.

Dimitrie suggested to implement Divide and Conquer Solution to avoid such
problem.

I saw his example at this site.
http://www.topxml.com/code/default.asp?p=3&id=v20020107050418

How do i write DVC algorithm for the following Call-Template. Here I am
having
data also in the parameter. And my input file is going to be in GBs and
every
time the "names" param in the following snippet is going to huge number
atlest
more than 1000 as there are 10 attributes in each node and there will be
1000
or more nodes like that.

I am trying to get unique attribute names for say node "SecondNode" which
can
repeat any number of times.

Do not try to use such kind of algorithm for obtaining unique attribute
names because it is inefficient.

Read about grouping methods here:

    http://www.topxml.com/code/default.asp?p=3&id=v20010129150851

and here:

    http://jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/index.html

Here's an example how to use the Muenchian method for grouping in order to
obtain the unique attributes' names:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  <xsl:output method="text"/>

  <xsl:key name="kattNames"
   match="firstNode/secondNode/@*" use="name()"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:for-each
     select="*/*/*/@*[generate-id()
                     =
                      generate-id(key('kattNames', name())[1])
                     ]">
       <xsl:value-of select="concat(name(), '&#xA;')"/>
     </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

When this transformation is applied on the source.xml below:

<root>
  <firstNode>
    <secondNode a="x" b="y" c ="z"/>
    <secondNode a="x" m="y" c ="z"/>