xsl-list

RE: determining if one or more instances of a child are present in the current node element

2003-09-18 00:58:30
<xsl:if test="ParaItem">
</xsl:if>

should do what you desire..

for e.g. (just assuming for -- that the context node
will be Paragraph)

<xsl:for-each select="Paragraph">
  <xsl:if test="ParaItem">
    <!-- some processing -->
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

You need to give more details for somebody to be more
specific!

Regards,
Mukul

--- "SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)"
<abhishek(_dot_)sanwal(_at_)hp(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hmm.. is that so ?

Because my current node will be <Paragraph> and not
<paraitem>.

Also, it can have other elements as children. So I
need to have a
specific "test" that checks if that child exists
before APPLYING
stylesheets for that child.

<Paragraph>
      <ParaItem>
      <ParaItem>
      <ParaItem>
<Paragraph>

Let me know :). Is there a better expression to
check if the current
NODE (paragraph) contains ATLEAST one child
PARAITEM.

:)

Thanks,

Abhishek Sanwal