xsl-list

RE: Noob: how to use "for each" in this context?

2003-09-17 03:18:28
Hi,

How do i get a node name, because my xml-nodes doesn't
exactly have the names like node1, node2 etc So i can fix this

So what is the scheme them? One or more alphabets followed by one or more
numbers?

<xsl:template name="cell">
<xsl:param name="counter" select="1"/>
<xsl:param name="max" select="12"/>
<fo:table-cell border="solid black 1 px" border-collapse="collapse">
<fo:block>
<xsl:variable name="cell" select="*[name() = concat('node',
$counter)]"/>
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="not($cell = 'null')">
<xsl:value-of select="$cell"/>
</xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

i have tried
<xsl:variable name="cell" select="*[name()]"/>

That will always return true for all elements, so it makes no point.

and could anyone explain to me what this is select="*[

Select all element node children of the current node and filter them based on
the predicate inside the corner brackets.

Cheers,

Jarno