xsl-list

Re: <with-param> with non-text node

2003-09-16 23:56:50
Hi Prashant,
I would do it as below --
1)
Convert the tree fragment to a node set first, using
the vendor:nodeset extension function.

<xsl:variable name="treefrag">
  <Parent>
    child1
    child2
  </Parent>
</xsl:variable>

then doing -- e.g. xalan:nodeset($treefrag)

2) Then pass the nodeset to the called template..
<xsl:call-template name="XXXX">
  <xsl:with-param name="YYYY"
select="xalan:nodeset($treefrag)">
  </xsl:with-param>
</xsl:call-template>

This way I can process the tree fragment e.g. --
<Parent>
    child1
    child2
</Parent>
in called template using XPath..

Regards,
Mukul

--- Prashant Thakare <thakare(_at_)cc(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu> wrote:
If I call some template as :
<xsl:call-template name="XXXX">
      <xsl:with-param name="YYYY">
              <Parent>
                      child1
                      child2
              </Parent>
      </xsl:with-param>
</xsl:call-template>

instead of the text value for the parameter (I
believe it is legal), how
do I process parameter YYYY in the template "XXXX"?

I am interested in retaining such non-next (node)
parameters, so would
be more interested in ways of processing them rather
than ways of
specifying alternatively.

I believe this could also be helpful in getting some
"variable argument
list" power in xsl, can we achieve this currently
using plain xsl?

Prashant

 XSL-List info and archive: