xsl-list

how to use Xalan redirect:write

2003-09-16 09:54:05
Hi,

I don't understand Xalan extensions.

I want to append some text to an existing file and I do the following:

<xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0"
        xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
      xmlns:redirect="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect"
      extension-element-prefixes="redirect">

        <xsl:for-each ...>

        <redirect:write file="csv.txt" append="true">
                <xsl:value-of select="'some text'"/>
        </redirect:write>

This does not append the text to csv.txt but creates a new file every time,
so that only the last entry is in the file.
What am I doing wrong?

Then, I use the namespace declaration shown above. The docs say, I should use

        xmlns:redirect="http://xml.apache.org/xalan/redirect";

but when I do this, I get an error.

What am I missing?

Thanks,