xsl-list

Re: how to: Conditionally call nested XSLs based on parameters or variables passed to it at a higher level?

2003-09-12 23:50:04

Of course, Dimitre in effect I want to achieve the functional
programming paradigm while maintaining XSL 1.0 specs ( the ones current
supported by the System.Xml.Xsl transform ) ( I do know that Saxon
supports XSLT 2.0 with Functions but I cannot use those things.)

This has already been done in FXSL.

Also, the FXSL project. Are they a set of XSL based extension libraries
or will I actually need to install "extension" code with my XSLT
processor.

FXSL is a set of XSLT templates written in pure XSLT (the XSLT 1.0 version
uses just 1 -- xx:node-set() extension function only, the XSLT 2.0 version
does not use any extension functions).

So FXSL is not an extension library. FXSL runs with any XSLT1 processor
(either supporting EXSLT or having its own xx:node-set() extension function)
or any XSLT 2 processor.

I would like to remain "pure" xsl 1.0 as much as possible.

Therefore FXSL fulfills perfectly your requirement.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.