xsl-list

Re: newbie needs help

2003-09-11 11:41:14

Thanks David.

The code you wrote for me, did exactly what I asked for.  Unfortunately, I
didn't ask a specific enough question.

Not all documents in the source xml  file contain links and I want the
output xml to only contain documents that have links.  How can the template
below be changed to only output documents that contain links.

<xsl:template match="document">
 <document>
 <xsl:copy-of select="form|.//link"/>
 </document>
</xsl:template>

David

=======================================

This is probably easy for someone who knows what they are doing, but I
haven't been able to figure this out.

I'm trying to transform XML to XML.  The end result I want is something
like:

<document>
      <form>forminfo</form>
      <link>linkinfo</link>
</document>

The problem that I'm having is this:  in the source xml file, the <form>
information is always at the same level in the source document, but the
<link> information can be any number of levels deep.

For example it could look like this:

<document>
      <form>forminfo</form>
      <link>linkinfo</link>
</document>

or it could look like this:

<document>
      <form>forminfo</form>
            <link>linkinfo</link>
</document>

or like this:

<document>
      <form>forminfo</form>
                  <link>linkinfo</link>
</document>

I need to find a way to ignore all of the levels of table information and
just get the form and the link information in my output file.  Any help is
appreciated.