xsl-list

Need to fill in number of output nodes...

2003-09-11 06:09:41
I have input XML which transforms to an output XML. The transformation works fine, but I need to fill in one field that is dependent on the number of nodes in a section of the *output *document. Due to confidentiality, I can't post the actual document. Here is what the output looks like:

<doc>
   <header>
   </header>
       <data>
           <elem1/> <!-- actual names vary -->
           <elem2/>
       </data>
       <summary dataCount="2"/>
</doc>

The number of elements within <data> is variable. I need to calculate the dataCount attribute from the number of <data> elements. What is a good solution for this? I'd rather not use a second transform step unless absolutely necessary.

Steve