xsl-list

RE: Re: Issues with output of IMG, LINK (css) tags and   literal ? Parsers faulty or ??

2003-09-11 01:53:29
When I use it with method=xml it comes out well formed
But wont show up on my browser.

So I changed it back to =html and there it was visible again.

Now is there a way around this? This is totally weird.

Shouldn't IE be capable of rendering an XHTML document ??

Abhishek Sanwal
HP - Houston Campus
abhishek(_dot_)sanwal(_at_)hp(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Welch [mailto:AWelch(_at_)piper-group(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 3:19 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Issues with output of IMG, LINK (css) tags and
  literal ? Parsers faulty or ??

But whichever way I send it out it eliminates the "closing tag"
</...>
or the "/" in the single close tag <..../>

WHY DOES IT DO THAT ? This is done by XMLSpy (internal XSLT engine)
and
MSXSL parser 4.0

Since all my XML and XSLs are wellformed I would like my HTML to be
as
well. So that I can "pretty print" the same in XMLSpy.

Specify:

   <xsl:output method="xml"/>

Alternatively use Saxon 7.6.5a and specify

     <xsl:output method="xhtml"/>

This should give you well-formed html (xhtml :) with your xslt 1.0
stylesheets.  I haven't discovered any issues using this so far...

cheers
andrew