xsl-list

RE: Building a html menu using in page links

2003-09-10 01:01:01
If you want to produce the names section1 and section2, use <xsl:number
level="any"/>. Don't use position() because it depends on how you reach
the section, which will be different when you generate the names and
when you generate the hrefs.

If you don't care what the name is, use generate-id() which was designed
for this purpose.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
ausec(_at_)athabascau(_dot_)ca
Sent: 10 September 2003 05:34
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Building a html menu using in page links

I have some xml that looks like this:

<page>
  <section>
    <title>foo</title>
    <content>something</content>
  </section>
  <section>
    <title>bar</title>
    <content>something else</content>
  </section
</page>

I would like to create a html menu using in page links:

<a name="section1">foo</a>
<a name="section2">bar</a>

that link to:

in the same page.

I have a match="section" template and a BuildMenu template. I
think counting the sections somehow would be best in case a
title is duplicated. The name doesn't really matter as long
as I can create the same name for the same section in both
the section template and the menu template, which is the hard part.

I think position() might be the answer, but I'm not sure how to do it?

Thanks for any help, it's hard to search for this particular
problem, Ausec.

__
    This communication is intended for the use of the
recipient to whom it
    is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and
or privileged
    information. Please contact us immediately if you are not
the intended
    recipient of this communication, and do not copy,
distribute, or take
---