xsl-list

Re: fo:block-container question

2003-09-09 12:50:00
But I belive that intrusion-displace applies to the
block-container object. I am not using any floats. So
is the answer still the same that FOP is not comliant
with this property?

--- "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de> wrote:
Abhijit Junnare wrote:
Irrespective of what format the document is I
would
like to have some specific information in a block
which I would like to place somewhere on the page.
In
short I want to specify absolute position for the
fo:block-container I will be using.
The problem is that this
block-container is placed over some content i.e.
the
content is hidden behind this container. What I
want
is that the remaining content should flow into the
areas outside the container.

I think what you want cannot be easily done with
XSLFO.
You can use side floats to create text floating
around
something else, but I don't think you can position
floats at absolute coordinates on a page.

I saw a property called
intrusion-displace.

That's for floats. I don't think it can be leveraged
solve your problem.

Is FOP compliant
with this property?

No, not implemented in FOP, as is all float-related
stuff.

J.Pietschmann

 XSL-List info and archive: