xsl-list

RE: Exclude a template from a stylesheet depending on parameter

2003-09-09 02:00:37
In XSLT 2.0 you can do

<xsl:template match="xxxxxx[$param]">

and if $param is false, it won't be matched.

In XSLT 1.0, you can't have any references to variables in the match
pattern and the mode, priority, etc are also fixed at compile time.

In theory you could do

<xsl:template match="xxxxx[document('param.xml')/p='zzz']"

but I'm not sure I would recommend it.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Tim Müller-Seydlitz
Sent: 09 September 2003 08:24
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Exclude a template from a stylesheet depending
on parameter

Hi all,
I would like to be able to exclude a template from a stylesheet
depending on a parameter.
How could I do so?
Could I put the parameter in the priority?
Could I put the parameter in the mode?
Thanks
Tim