xsl-list

RE: In XSL FO: how do I repeat a piece of text other than the header or footer

2003-09-03 10:14:40
At 2003-09-03 11:26 -0500, SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston) wrote:
I believe my point did not get across clearly.
My question is not the usage of the markers and the blocks around it.

I also thought it was.

My question is how would I use XSL to "modify" or "repopulate" markers
whenever the pages "hit" (or are incident upon) content from the "next"
chapter.

? Any clearer or should I try once again :) ??

I'll need you to try once again. Markers are not changed in any way ... succinctly: you seed the flow with markers that are retrieved by the static content found in the page geometry selected by the page sequence.

You are implying in your words some kind of dynamicity that I cannot comprehend. In each of your chapters you just seed each chapter with the marker values for that chapter. The static content for each chapter will then retrieve that chapter's copy of the marker.

I hope this helps.

....................... Ken

--
Next public European delivery:  3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2003-09-22
Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc