xsl-list

Re: Re: Re: Re: AW: AW: global variable and position() once more

2003-09-02 18:49:09
Thank you Dimitre, I went to the exslt.org site and read about it, it looks
like I won't
be able to keep testing the stylesheets in XMLSpy, but at least I know now the
MS .NET
Framework might work, the whole application should be developed in VS .NET.
Funny though that I made a search over the MSDN on EXSLT and it gave me no
results :\

These zip packages in the exsl.org site are only the definition files of the
extended
functions?
Lizet
Mensaje citado por Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>:

<fe(_dot_)sola(_at_)infomed(_dot_)sld(_dot_)cu> wrote in message
Hello again Dimitre:
The following code gives me the error:
"Error in XPath expression, function not in namespace"
<xsl:variable name="vStructured"
select="ext:node-set($vrtfStructured)"/>
I tried supresisng the ext denoting the namespace, but again the error.
tia
Lizet

Hi Lizet,

The transformation works on any EXSLT-aware XSLT processor. In case you
don't have such you have read the documentation about and to use the
vendor-provided xxx:node-set() extension function, where the namespace-uri
and even the function name are vendor-specific.

To my knowledge, the following XSLT processors implement to a smaller or a
bigger extent EXSLT:

Saxon, XalanJ, XalanC, 4xslt, MS .Net xslTransform and MSXML4 (they require
additional installation for the EXSLT support), JD, xsltLib/xsltProc.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.