xsl-list

emacs mode for relax-ng

2003-09-02 03:23:22
From James Clark.
Announced on the relax-ng list.
M-TAB used which makes it 'hard' for win32 use.

regards DaveP

I have been working on a new GNU Emacs mode for editing XML documents,
which can take advantage of RELAX NG.  An alpha release is available for
download as:

  http://www.thaiopensource.com/download/nxml-mode-20030901.tar.gz

It requires GNU Emacs 21.x (neither Emacs 20 nor XEmacs will work), but
apart from that has no other prerequisites: everything is implemented in
Emacs Lisp.

It currently supports RELAX NG Compact Syntax only.  It does incremental
XML parsing and RELAX NG validation.  It supports W3C XML Schema datatypes.

The idea is to work like typical modern IDEs. It continually reparses
and revalidates during the idle time between keystrokes and underlines
the invalid parts of the buffer.  It can do context-sensitive completion
of start-tag names, attribute names and enumerated attribute values.

This is still very much a work in progress.  Most of the work has been
on providing the underlying infrastructure to support incremental
parsing and validation.  There's still much to be done in exploiting
this infrastructure in support of XML editing.  I hope early users will
help figure out the best way to do this.

James

Regards DaveP.

**** snip here *****

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk