xsl-list

Re: xsl:for-each question

2003-10-30 06:07:44

Hi Michael,

Can you show us your XML and your desired output?

Greetings René
   {@   @}
        ^
      \_/

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision!"

TJIP PCL
Steenovenweg 3
5708 HN  Helmond
The Netherlands
tel: +31(0) 492 502 226
fax: +31(0) 492 502 299
e-mail: R(_dot_)deVries(_at_)tjip(_dot_)com
internet: www.tjip.com

***************************DISCLAIMER********************************
Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan.
TJIP PCL sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit
elektronische verzending.

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may
not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person
other than the addressee(s). TJIP PCL rules out any and every liability
resulting from any electronic transmission.

                    Michael Olszynski

                    <m(_dot_)olszynski(_at_)exxcellent(_dot_)de>        To:
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

                    Sent by:                           cc:

                    owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulber        Subject:
Re: [xsl] xsl:for-each question
                    rytech.com

                    30-10-2003 14:22

                    Please respond to xsl-list

Thank you very much, you´re right. I´m yet not really in the thinking of
templates. I still try to "program" my xslt like I´m used to do it with
Java-Programs.
But how can I do it, that the @name appears in a diffrent td.
The html output shoul look in text Form like:
Menu1        Submernu1
                   Submenu2
                   Submenu3         SubSubmenu1
                                            SubSubmeu2
                   Submenu4
                   Submenu5         SubSubmenu1
                                            SubSubmenu2
Menu2        Submenu1         SubSubmenu1
                                            SubSubmenu2

So I need to make the template varaible from the depth of the topic-level.

<xsl:template match="topic">
      <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

Also if I´m in a topic level and there are more childs, the name of this
topic level should not be displayed anymore, till every child was
displayed.

Thanks for your help

Take care Michael