xsl-list

XPathEvaluator.evaluate problem

2003-10-24 15:44:25
  We have a DOM and my app adds an element to the
tree, I am writing the DOM out to make sure we have
infact added the element, on the next line, I say get
me the element which I added just now using XPath
expression, it comes back as null.
        In general, I am able to retrieve any element which
were initially loaded by the DOM using XPath
expression but I am unable to retrieve any element
which I added after the load using XPath expression.
Interestingly, I can retrieve the added element using
the good old Document.getElementsByTagName( ) method.

        I am guessing this has something to do with the way
we load the DOM and then we add the element. I mean
setting features of the DOM parser while creation  and
or creation of element using Document object and some
other method instead of simple createElement method.

        I can share the code over email if somebody wants to
have a look and see where and what I am missing.