xsl-list

Re: Logic OR in the XPath

2003-10-24 14:01:37
Thanks,

I got it.

Dongling

--- Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:
Dongling,

At 04:19 PM 10/23/2003, you wrote:
I need to check if a meember doesn't exist or its
value equals "N" then do something. How can I do
that?

I have something here but didn't work. Please
advise

<xsl:when test="not(./*[name(.) = 'Shared']) |
(./Shared/text() ='N')">

This doesn't work because the union operator "|"
works only on node sets,
whereas the two expressions on either side of it
here both return Booleans.
You can't unify two Booleans.

I think you want

test="not(Shared) or Shared='N'"

...or (unabbreviated form of the same)...

test="not(child::Shared) or child::Shared='N'"

Translated into English, this reads "when there is
no "Shared" element
child or when a "Shared" element child has (string)
value = 'N'.

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.
http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct
Phone: 301/315-9635
Suite 207
Phone: 301/315-9631
Rockville, MD  20850