xsl-list

Generate Id's usage as primary and foriegn key in the database!!

2003-10-24 05:52:57
Hi,

I have used generate-id() to get unique names. The rationale behind this was
to use it as primary and foreign key to relate parent and child node while the
information is stored in the database.

For a given xsl file when i run one xml file, i get generate id which are same
when i change the input xml file having the same structure and based on same
dtd.  I am using msxsl as XSLT engine for processing my input xml files.

My questions are
1)Can generate-id() be used to serve purpose like this ?
2)Is there any other technique avaialable in XSL 1.0 to do the same ?

I hope, i am able to explain my problem.

If someone can throw some light on this issue, it would be of great help to
me.

Thanks in the anticipation that i will get some suggestion to solve problem
like this.

Regards,
Dipesh