xsl-list

RE: Encoding while parsing

2003-10-20 08:43:47
-----Original Message-----
From Pramodh Peddi

Hi,
This not specific to just xsl. It is concerned to xml Processors.

I hate to say it, but in that case you're asking your question on the wrong
list...

However,

I am using JDOM API for xml processing. The xml string had "windows-1252"
encoding and it supports special characters like "registered mark",
"copyright", etc. The document is built fine, but the document has UTF-8,
because the parser (xerces/crimsons) is changing the encoding from
Windows-1252 to UTF-8.

Check the API docs for JDOM, namely the XMLOutputter Object, and you will
notice that it provides the setEncoding() method, which I would expect to be
used for explicitly setting the output encoding of the XML Document.

http://www.jdom.org/docs/apidocs/org/jdom/output/XMLOutputter.html

Greetz,

Andreas