xsl-list

RE: generate XHTML header without causing xmlns attributes in e.g. <table>?

2003-10-19 23:03:06
I'm also using xalan-j, and I've used this sort of code to
avoid the empty namespace declaration:

<SNIP>Code example</SNIP>

***

As I understand it, because you've named the XHTML namespace as the
null-prefix namespace,
and you've assigned the elements in your stylesheet to that
namespace (by
not putting a prefix
on them or explicitly assigning them to something), XSLT is
concluding that
the output elements
belong to that null-prefix namespace. I'm working around that
by explicitly
assigning them to the
namespace that I'm excluding from my results. I still use the
null-prefix
namespace declaration in
my output by declaring it in the html element above. You'd
just need to
replace my uses of oeb
with your uses of XHTML.

I've had good results with this -- hope it helps!

Indeed it does :)

Thank you Chris.

Regards,
Flemming