xsl-list

Re: XSL-FO Property Resolution / Expressions

2003-10-19 17:56:07
At 2003-10-19 21:07 +0200, Stefan Hermann wrote:
I have some questions concerning the property resolution when using
epressions:
What is the result of calling the function "max" (of the core function
library) with percentage arguments ( e.g. max(100%,120%) ) when
a) calling it while evaluating the font-size property
b) calling it while evaluating the border-top-width property

The font-size= property is inherited, so the resulting length would be relative to the inherited font-size value.

The border-top-width= property is not inherited, but the specification does not allow the percentage data type to be used for this property. Where percentages are allowed for non-inherited properties, explicit documentation covers the interpretation of what a percentage means.

So I'm assuming that for font-size= you would get 1.2em and for border-top-width it would be ignored or throw an error.

But I'm only a stylesheet writer, not an engine implementer, so it might be best to hear definitively from a member of the committee.

I hope this helps.

............................ Ken

--
Next public European delivery:  3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2003-11-??
Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc