xsl-list

Re: firing on more than one match

2003-10-17 10:07:07
For illustration, I have assumed the following XML --

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
  <ruledef pageeject="yes">1</ruledef>
  <ruledef pageeject="no">2</ruledef>
  <ruledef pageeject="yes">3</ruledef>
  <ruledef pageeject="no">4</ruledef>
</root>

I hope, you are thinking about an XML of a similar
nature..

The following template tries to illustrate the answer
--

   <xsl:template match="/root">
       <xsl:for-each select="ruledef">

The above XSL prints, 'Yes' or 'No', depending if the
pageeject attribute is 'yes' or 'no' in the XML..

I hope, I am able to explain correctly..

Regards,
Mukul

--- Ronald Kent Gibson <Kent(_dot_)Gibson(_at_)icongmbh(_dot_)de>
wrote:

Dear All

I have something like this, ie there are more is
more than one node that is
named ruledef, and I want my condition to fire when
any of these things are
equal to the condition.

<xsl:when test="/ruledef[1]/@pageeject = 'yes'">

</xsl:when>

Seems like a loop would be good here, but no loops
in xslt.

I don't thinkr recursion will help, either. So can
anyone kindly give me
some suggestions, thanks and enjoy the weekend.

kent

 XSL-List info and archive: