xsl-list

Re: ignore the dtd reference while performing

2003-10-16 13:12:53
Thanks for the response Pietschmann.
I am doing the filtering before sending it to transformation, but I thought
there is something we can do to tell the transformer NOT to consider the dtd
reference.

pp.
----- Original Message -----
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] ignore the dtd reference while performing

Pramodh Peddi wrote:
Can I know if there is any way to ignore the DTD reference, if any, from
the
xml file while performing the Transformation? I am using Java (1.4.1)'s
API
for Transformation.

Well, actually this is related to parsing rather than XSL.

Have a look at
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-rmd
or even remove the doctype decl completely.
If you don't have control over the incoming XML, in most
cases (known encoding) filtering the stream passed as input
can do the same trick.
Also check whether supplying a custom entity resolver
returning an emty source for the DTD system id is acceptable
to you.
Of course this depends whether I guessed correctly what you
meant by "ignore the DTD reference".

J.Pietschmann