xsl-list

Re: Apache FOP - nested table based layout issue

2003-10-15 15:16:26
Hello Pietschmann,
   Thanks for your reponse. I will try posting the
question in the fop-user group.

You had suggested not to use tables, what other
options do I have (other than changing memory
settings) ?  There is nothing like css-based layout in
fop right ? Any suggestions ?

--- "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de> wrote:
Mark Ivs wrote:
This is about performance of nested-table based
layout
using Apache(0.20.4).

This is a processor specific question and would have
been
better asked on fop-user.

Apache FOP processor seems to take a really long
time
(about 30 secs for a 20 page PDF)to render.
Is this a page design issue or is it Apache
processor
unable to deal with nested tables  ?

Nested tables per se aren't a problem. However,
tables in
general use a lot of memory, and it is possible the
you
simply see the effect of disproportionally prevalent
GC.

Dose any one know ? Or can anyone suggest a
alternate
solution to my problem ?

Don't use tables. Okok, I mean get a faster machine.
More seriously, check whether increasing the memory
settings
improves the performance.

J.Pietschmann

 XSL-List info and archive: