xsl-list

Utilizing dual processors with Saxon

2003-10-14 14:28:23
I'm really not well enough versed to know...
Can Saxon leverage use of both processors in a dual processor unit?

I'm working on a dual processor machine (2 1.4GHz Intels), and 2 GB or
RAM.

I am attempting to process 1 master XML document 16.3 MB is size.
My processor tacks out at 50% (+/- 2%) depending on what is running in
the background. I think the processor is the weak link in this equation,
as my memory usage never spikes out.

I did set a java switch in the command line -Xmx1024m as if I did not I
got an out of memory error almost immediately.

It is taking about 5 1/2 hours to run the complete file for output ...
that's rather unacceptable.

Would another parser do any better?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Robert Ogden
IETM Developer
Navy Programs
(763) 572-7121

**********CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE**********
The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
privileged and is intended for the sole use of the individual or
organization named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, any review, copying
or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, is prohibited.
immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.