xsl-list

RE: String comparison

2003-10-13 09:09:03
From: Archana Rao [mailto:archana_heroor(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 9:25 AM
Subject: [xsl] String comparison

Hi,

I am trying to comparing to see is a string is null,

I have a param named userid, i want to check to see if
'$userid' is not null.

I tried <xsl:if test="$userid!=''>, this does'nt seem
to help.

Assuming that line wasn't a direct paste from your stylesheet (because it's
missing a closing double quote on the test attribute), then I would need to
see more of your stylesheet (and sample XML) before commenting further.  I
would point out, however, that XSLT/XPath has no concept of "null"--it is
possible to return an empty string, an empty node-set, or NaN (not a
number), but null is not defined.

cheers,
b.

| brian martinez
brian(_dot_)martinez(_at_)cendant(_dot_)com |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.357.3548 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.357.3380 |
| 6560 greenwood plaza blvd., suite 400           englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |