xsl-list

RE: Re: Re: Re: XSLT 2.0: On xsl:sequence and xsl:copy-of

2003-10-11 05:38:20
Probably someone with proven success with the WG could post this.

I am definitely not the right person -- sometimes ago I wrote
a comment that
distinct-nodes() is of little use because the order in which
the distinct nodes are returned is implementation dependent.

The result of this all was that "In the end the WGs decided
to remove the function" ...

In my book, anyone who posts a comment saying that a function is of
little use, with the result that the function is removed from the
library, has been highly successful!

(What happened on this in fact was that you triggered a debate about use
cases for the function, no one could come up with a requirement that
wasn't met by writing $seq/. , and so the function got removed.)

Michael Kay