xsl-list

RE: Selecting the xsl-file

2003-10-08 14:00:27
If you download the Microsoft MSXML SDK, it comes with a help file that
contains all the gory details of the Javascript API for driving the XSLT
processor. Or you will find extensive examples in Appendix A of my book
XSLT Programmers Reference.

I'm assuming that you're using Microsoft, because most people who use
Microsoft seem to assume that everyone else does so too.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Kaarle Kaila
Sent: 08 October 2003 06:28
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Selecting the xsl-file

hi,

If I use the browser to view XML-files the XSLT file is
defined in the <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="tables.xsl"?> processing
instruction.

With a Java program  with about 3 lines of code I can
separately define the xml-file and the xslt file to produce
different outputs e.g. 1. the main document, 2. the index etc.

Can I get different outputs from the xml-file using the
browser? How would I define the xslt file if that is not
hardcoded in the xml-file?

regards

--
Kaarle Kaila